Thursday, February 18, 2010

My "Story" Necklace from Simon & Lucy


Royce and I love doing business with local small businesses as often as possible. It makes us have more of that "small town feel" that we love so much. We enjoy shopping on the historic downtown McKinney square, our local farmers market, as well as finding local vendors online.

I have to say that one of my new, possibly favorite, local businesses is Simon & Lucy. It is a fantastic little etsy store that is based right here in McKinney. While browsing the local listings one day I ran across Simon & Lucy and fell in love. I showed it to Royce that day to help him get some ideas for my upcoming birthday, Valentine's day or even our first anniversary. Then after my birthday and Valentine's had past I figured he probably forgot all about it. Well, I was wrong!

Today, Marlene, the shops owner, stopped by my house to deliver my very own "story" necklace. She handed me the cute little turquoise jewelry bag that held the necklace and she watched as I opened it. I am so proud of my husband for being so creative (with help from Marlene, of course) and picking such memorable things for my necklace.

As you can see in the picture, my necklace has six charms. The "DDLB" charm stands for "Double Dirty Love Burger" which is what we shared on the day Royce proposed to me at The Love Shack in the Fort Worth Stockyards. The "Nellie" charm is in memory of my great-grandmother Nellie who has always held a special place in my heart. My "To Our Forever" charm might be my favorite of them all because that is what we always make a toast to. My next charm has all of the ports we went to on our honeymoon and the"6" charm represents the day that Royce proposed in September of 2008.

Here is the link to the Simon & Lucy etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31176934
Marlene is working on creating her own website for Simon & Lucy so once I get that information I will update the link with her web address!

No comments:

Post a Comment