Monday, February 8, 2010

One Phone Call Can Change Everything...At Least a Surprise Birthday Party into a Surprise Proposal


After weeks of planning and coordinating every last detail for my dad's surprise party, one phone call, on the day of the party, changed everything. My Uncle Doug called to wish my dad a "Happy Birthday" and slipped up about the party saying "Sorry we weren't able to make it to your party". Oops, there goes the surprise! It was actually the best thing that could have happened. I can't say that Charmaine and I weren't more than a little upset but we know that Doug would never have done it on purpose, after all, we all make mistakes. Honestly, for a person who has a very hard time keeping secrets, I was just relieved it wasn't me who gave it away!

When we explained to dad what was going on that night he decided that is would be the perfect opportunity to propose. While all of us were in our cabin getting ready dad came over to tell us he was going to propose that night; it was the perfect time since everyone was going to be together and it was one day that she would never suspect him to propose. I can't believe he wasn't caught before he was able to kneel on one knee and pop the question. He was so proud of that ring, he couldn't help but show it off! I must admit that I was really glad he did it at the beginning of the evening because, well, somebody (probably me) could have spoiled that surprise too (like I said, I have a hard time keeping secrets)!

Much thanks go out to Justin and Crystal Hill for hosting the amazing event! You have an absolutely beautiful house and awesome man cave (Royce is so jealous)! We also want to thank Jim and Terry Presley for letting Dylan crash at your lake house and all of your help with the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment